I was reminded this evening of the sudden loss of my dog, Hanna on February 13, 2011. The reminder came in the form of an online petition from a young woman who lost her dog recently. Her dog and my dog died. She knows her dog was essentially poisoned by a treat manufactured in China for Nestle Purina. I have always suspected my Hanna died of some form of poisoning. I suspected a Nestle Purina product, but testing did not reveal any toxin in the sample.
The petition calls for Nestle Purina to stop the distribution of this particular treat which has been implicated in the deaths of many dogs, I gather.
I haven’t felt the loss of my dog in a while. But tonight, the shocking details of Hanna’s last 24 hours rushed back into my mind’s eye. My little white Bichon Frise suddenly started shaking, her tail between her legs, unable to eat and drink without foaming at the mouth and vomiting. She had constant diarrhea and was barely able to walk. She began to show these signs late Friday night and died sometime late Saturday night or in the early hours of Sunday. The shock was overwhelming.
The memory now is a reflection of the pain of those who are losing dogs to this treat. Consider signing this petition.